Enda writes:

On 18/06/14 00:05, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Enda writes:
>

>> That is a very clever and practical approach to the problem. You loose
>> one feature of the Sqwebmail approach, and that is the suppression of
>> duplicate autoreplies for n days. That is a very important feature to
>> some of my users, but then they can just use Sqwebmail I guess.
>
> No, you wouldn't. Duplicate autosuppression gets done by mailbot. All
> sqwebmail does is generate a maildrop recipe that runs mailbot.
>
> mailbot offers several options for selecting the autoresponse text. I
> see that this is being an alternate option.

How would you configure it then, a system wide variable to suppress for
say 1 day, or would you stray down the road of having a syntax in the
default response message?

You could, for example, have these delivery instructions:

| test -f /etc/vacation-enabled || exit 0; mailbot [options]
./Maildir

You could have this set in an individual account's .courier file, or have this set as the default delivery instructions in the etc/courier configuration file. The syntax is awkward, but it's possible to put multiline delivery instructions in there; and thus take effect for all accounts by default.

Then, the /etc/vacation-enabled file enables a vacation autoresponse for all mailboxes that use these delivery instructions. Have a cron job remove this file, and put it back, a day later.