Charlie Watts writes:

> I'm using postfix w/ maildrop as the LDA.
>
> I'd love it if maildrop supported LMTP. I can only imagine that
> performance would be rather higher if I didn't need to fork a maildrop
> instance for every delivery. I know that cyrus folks highly recommend LMTP
> for their LDA.
>
> I'm not familiar with the courier internals, so I don't know if it would
> be useful for the courier MTA to support LMTP.

It's not.  But nothing will be gained by it.  You will STILL need to fork
off a maildrop process for each recipient, since you'll need to deliver
everyone's mail under their own uid/gid.

> How difficult would this addition be?

It's not too difficult, but it won't add anything of value.  LMTP is really
meant to be used with dumb mail servers that save mail in a database.

--
Sam