Hi all, I have an email question not specifically related to courier but I
thought of this list first. We maintain email lists for clients and send out
monthly newletters or whatever to their subscribers. We use coldfusion
server 5.0 running on linux to handle most of this. What we are trying do is
have the destination server automatically send a rply on getting the message
and also have a reply sent when the message is opened. Ideally, it would be
nice to have the to replies go to different email addresses on our end. I
know that outlook and other such clients let you tag a message to do this,
is there a tag that needs to be inserted into the message to allow this? or
is it client specific?

Thanks for any help,
Jeff
dBDirect Inc.

Extra credit question:
Occasionally when we send out a mailing, (generally around 600-1000
messages) the coldfusion server tries to send the messages, but fails with a
message about the 8bit MIME encoding. I thought this was being caused by
courier strictly following the MIME protocols, but the fix that we have
found to work involves nothing more than restarting coldfusion. We never had
this problem when using our MS Exchange server, but I would rather not use
it. I will be using the allaire forums to officially pursue this issue, but
I thought I'd throw it out there in case another courier user has
encountered this problem.

Thanks again