[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hi
>
> When an new IMAP folder is created from an IMAP client connecting to MS
> Exchange, the folder is assigned an email address (just like a public
> folder).
>
> Does courier have this functionality?
>
> If it not, does the source code need to be modified or can I add a
> script somewhere that courier will execute when a new folder is created?

You can implement this using an intelligent .courier-default file (all on
one line):

|| x=`echo "$DEFAULT" | tr '/' '.'`; test -d "$HOME/Maildir/.$x" || exit 0;
echo "$HOME/Maildir/.$x/." ; exit 99

Haven't really tested this, but it should work.  Haven't also looked at this
closely, but it should be safe from envelope-based attacks.  A shell script
is also not a terribly efficient way to go about this, but you can always
write some tiny executable binary that does the same thing.

To send mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'s folder INBOX.foo.bar, the address would
be <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Sam