On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 11:39:21AM -0400, Marc Lindahl wrote:

> How does it know it didn't create it?

It looks for certain magic keywords that it generates in its own filters.

> I want to impose a quota - so I made the .mailfilter in /etc/skel so when I
> make a new user it's done.... Or is that not the way to achieve this goal?

This is a somewhat of a chicken vs an egg problem.

What you need to do is create a temporary .mailfilter file with your quota,
deliver a single message, remove that message, remove the .mailfilter file,
log into sqwebmail, go to the filter screen, and save an empty filter.

You'll wind up with a stub .mailfilter file.  Install the stub .mailfilter
file into /etc/skel.

--
Sam