On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 09:21:28PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> thanks for your quick response
> > > I changed esmtpauthclient to include
> > > smtp.1und1.com loginid password
> > > My esmtproutes contains
> > > :smtp.1und1.com
> > > My esmtpd contains
> > > AUTHMODULES="authdaemon"
> > > ESMTPAUTH="LOGIN"
> > > but I still get
> > > 530 Authentication required
> > Check for any trailing whitespace.
>
> I fixed it.
>
> The problem in my case has beem courier will use the entries in esmtpauthclient
> based upon HELO or EHLO name response, maybe even based on the DNS, but not on the
> name used in esmtproutes, in this case, the smarthost should be named mtp.1und1.com,
> but the host answers to mrelayng.kundenserver.de. Now I changed the esmtpauthclient
> to have mrelayng.kundenserver.de as the relay name, and everything is working.
>
> Whether this is a bug or feature on behalf of either side I don't know, but it works

smtp.1und1.com.         83487   IN      CNAME   auth.smtp.kundenserver.de.
auth.smtp.kundenserver.de. 83487 IN     CNAME   mrelayng.kundenserver.de.
mrelayng.kundenserver.de. 83488 IN      A       212.227.126.160
mrelayng.kundenserver.de. 83488 IN      A       212.227.126.162

Courier will resolve the hostname via DNS, and use the DNS hostname to
look up esmtpauthclient.  If they later remove the CNAME and replace it with
an MX record, you'll need an esmtpauthclient entry for every MX record record
with a distinct hostname.

--
Sam