Anand Buddhdev writes:

> Sam,
>
> If the courier-mta queue is mounted on a journaling filesystem like ext3
> or reiserfs, is it safe to use the --without-explicitsync option?

I don't know.  I haven't looked at them in great detail.  Although they'll
certainly recover to a consistent state, after a crash, the issue's whether
they'll get there simply by tossing out enough stuff as to get back to a
known consistent state, but not necessarily one with the most recent data.

For ext3, at least, you have several logging options, such as metadata only,
or metadata and data.  Metadata only is obviously not enough, so you'll need
to log both data and metadata.

--
Sam