I currently have an Exchange 5.5 box doing SMTP mail at my company.  I'm
planning to put a Courier box in front of it, for spam filtering:

Internet --> Courier --> Exchange

I think I've got that part down, by adding "domain.com: exchange.domain.com"
to esmtproutes.  However, I'd like to integrate Mail::SpamAssassin, like so:

Internet --> Courier --> SpamAssassin --> Courier --> Exchange

In other words, Courier receives a message, runs it through SpamAssassin,
then forwards it to Exchange.

Unfortunately, all the documentation I've seen for SpamAssassin discusses
how to deliver mail to a local mailbox.  Is there a good way to handle this?
I found perfilter-example.pl, but I also found a message in the archive that
stated that you couldn't modify a message using this.