I'm having a bit of trouble with IMAP over SSL.

I've created certs using mkimapdcert, and in imapd-ssl config file I've changed:

IMAPDSSLSTART=YES
IMAPDSTARTTLS=NO

When I start courier via /etc/init.d/courier (which is a copy of hte sysv init
script provided in the distribution), it is definitely listeining on ports 143
and 993.

Telnetting to port 143, I get a response and can login with
. login user password

And I tried using openssl for port 993:
openssl s_client -connect localhost:993
but I get:
CONNECTED(00000003)
13590:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake failure:s23_lib.c:226:

So then I tried telneting to it, but it closes the connection IMMEDIATELY:
# telnet localhost 993
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

My logs give this error:
May 29 16:41:18 hostname imapd-ssl: /usr/local/courier-imap/bin/couriertls: No
such file or directory
May 29 16:41:46 hostname imapd-ssl: /usr/local/courier-imap/bin/couriertls: No
such file or directory

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil