I just upgrade my courier from 0.38.2 to 0.39.1(in 0.38.2,everything but groupware
mode calendar is ok)

after I installed everything and configured them, I run it, pop3 and esmtp are
smoothly working, but when I go to webmail, each login attampt will result in these
two lines in /var/log/messages:

        webmail: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: Permission denied
    webmail: maildircache: Cache create failure - cannot change to bin

and return a "INVALID USER ID OR PASSWORD" error to me.
webadmin can't login too...

I checked the webmail executable cgi file's mode:
[root@mail courier-0.39.1]# ls -l /var/www/cgi-bin/webmail
-r-sr-xr-x    1 apache   nobody     337776  July  3 14:58 /var/www/cgi-bin/webmail

it seems right, who can told me how to solve this pb?  I don't want to "down"grade to
0.38.2 cause I like the maildir quota modification advantage of 0.39.1...

I am using pam.d auth method and the system is Redhat 7.1.

        webman
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          2002-07-03