On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Bowie Bailey wrote:

>  Unfortunately, I'm dealing with non-technical end users.  The simpler the
>  solution the better.  I don't want to do anything that can't be handled by a
>  basic Outlook Express client.

OK, that means using SSL then, and LOGIN. If you go through the archives,
you'll find a number of posts explaining how to import home-made
certificates into IE/OE. You'll need to do that to prevent OE from popping
up the certificate warning dialog.

Not sure how you'd set up OE like this for a large number of clients, but
no doubt that's possible -- Google and/or check the MS newsgroups for
hints and tips.

--
Juha Saarinen