Sam Varshavchik writes:
Lines in text files on UNIX/POSIX systems are terminated by the NL character.

The SMTP protocol has nothing to do with how text files look on
unix-derived systems.
sqwebmail submits the message, in standard UNIX/POSIX text format to the local mail server, which is then responsible for delivering the message. In the event that the message will require SMTP transport to another mail server, the local mail server will use the RFC 822 wire protocol, where
text lines are CRLF terminated, to transmit the message.
thank you. I will change my MTA accordingly. What did throw me off a little bit, is
the fact, that the courier IMAP accepts messages with a LF at the end for each header
line, where it should require a CR LF. Cyrus is a little bit less forgiving and needs
to have CR LF. I prefer couriers' choice to accept even slightly malformed messages
into the folders.

Thanks again, thanks for your quick response, and a big thank you for a system that
requires just a single thing: Reading the INSTALL to get everything working.

From the west coast.
rgds
pos