Hello,

        I am migrating my Mailbox POP system (based in Qpopper) to Courier. By
now, I already have to continue using POP.

        I have a script downloaded from Internet named mbox2maildir (I don't
remmember the URL) that converts a mailbox file to maildir format.

        The problem I have is that I have users that read mail with the option
"leave mail on server" (they read messages from various computers) and
when I convert their mailboxes, then they download again all mails (even
read mails).

        Reading maildir format documents, I have found that read mails have a
":2,S" trailing its filename, so I have try to convert these mailboxes
to maildir adding this trailing string to mail filenames (and putting
these mails in the cur directory), but next time I download mail, they
are downloaded too.

        Any idea on converting from mailbox to maildir preserving read mails?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Redes y Comunicaciones