Is there any other thing I should do ? I've changed authmysqlrc file and
crypt_pwfield is concat('{MD5}',password). password field in the database
was updated with the md5 hash of the password. I've done that using
md5('something') function of MySQL.
But I cant log on the account now. This is my logfile ( i've turned log
to level 1 )
Feb 3 07:06:10 cobaia pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Feb 3 07:06:14 cobaia pop3d: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1],
command=USER
Feb 3 07:06:17 cobaia pop3d: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1],
command=PASS
Feb 3 07:06:17 cobaia pop3d: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Feb 3 07:06:17 cobaia pop3d: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1],
password=123456
Feb 3 07:06:22 cobaia pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Feb 3 07:06:24 cobaia pop3d: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1],
command=QUIT
Feb 3 07:06:24 cobaia pop3d: Disconnected, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
I've also tried to use crypt stuff. I've updates password with
encrypt('password') MySQL function and configuring simply password as
crypt_pwfield. It works perfectly. But I cannot get MD5 working.
Is there any special compile option I should've issued for enabling MD5
support ? Is there any special devel package I should've installed for
enabling MD5 support ?
Sincerily,
Leonardo Rodrigues
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Varshavchik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Courier ML" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 3:58 PM
Subject: [courier-users] Re: MD5 passwords
Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães writes:
> Should courier-imap read this field as CRYPT_PWFIELD or CLEAR_PWFIELD
?
crypt_pwfield.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sam Varshavchik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Courier ML" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 11:32 PM
> Subject: [courier-users] Re: MD5 passwords
>
>
> Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães writes:
>
>> Question: how can I configure courier-imap to check users passwords
>> against a MD5 hash field in MySQL ? Is this possible ?
>
> Prepend "{MD5}" to the MD5 hash, in the table.
-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.NET email is sponsored by:
SourceForge Enterprise Edition + IBM + LinuxWorld = Something 2 See!
http://www.vasoftware.com
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users