Hello,

I do run courier on my systems for a while now and I'm very happy with it
regarding the standards and flexibility. But I notice that sometimes the
messages are getting stuck in to the queue. I've upgraded to 0.40.1 but I
see the same simptoms.

The final hack was to restart courier from time to time.

I have now about 2500 messages into the queue and 7000 users (authenticated
from mysql).

It happened once that a message stood in the queue more than a month...
that it delivered like nothing happened. From what I see I belive that
there is a problem with the queue processing and somehow I need to restart
the courier daemons so the messages are processed for delivery.


The load of the server looks like this:
# vmstat 1
   procs                      memory    swap          io     system         cpu
 r  b  w   swpd   free   buff  cache  si  so    bi    bo   in    cs  us  sy  id
 1  0  0  10340  15900 279340 447436   0   0     1     8    7     1   2   8   6
 2  0  0  10340  15648 279340 447484   0   0     0   120  200   142  50   1  49
 2  0  0  10340  14164 279340 447504   0   0     0     0  207   142  58   7  35
 3  0  1  10340  14640 279380 447532   0   0     8  1064  303   313  57   6  36
 1  0  0  10340  15288 279400 447556   0   0     4   284  293   266  59   6  35
 1  0  0  10340  15556 279408 447608   0   0     4   616  259   289  59  12  29
 1  0  0  10340  15632 279408 447624   0   0     0     0  195   112  55   2  42



Also you can see the attached file with the running processes of courier.

Any other config files can be available at request.
I do want to solve this problem but I need some help here.


-- 
Mircea Damian
Data Network Manager - Internet & Data
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Astral Telecom Bucuresti

Attachment: log.ps
Description: PostScript document

Reply via email to