Hello,

Trying to build courier-imap 1.7.0 on a RH 7.3 (plus updates) system.
When I try to start the build, I get the following error:

[ss@rigel ss]$ rpm -ta courier-imap-1.7.0.tar.bz2
error: failed build dependencies:
        fam-devel   is needed by courier-imap-1.7.0-1.7.3
        postgresql-devel   is needed by courier-imap-1.7.0-1.7.3
        mysql-devel   is needed by courier-imap-1.7.0-1.7.3
        openldap-servers   is needed by courier-imap-1.7.0-1.7.3

I'd expect this if I had fam, postgresql, mysql, etc installed without
the -devel packages, but none of them are installed:

[ss@rigel ss]$ rpm -qa | grep -i mysql
[ss@rigel ss]$ rpm -qa | grep -i postgres
[ss@rigel ss]$ rpm -qa | grep -i fam

I'm not sure why they all end up in the BuildPreReq's:

BuildPreReq: textutils openssl-devel fileutils rpm >= 4.0.2 sed perl
gdbm-devel pam-devel fam-devel postgresql-devel openldap-devel
mysql-devel openldap-servers

Is there something I'm missing or a way to turn that off other than by
editing the spec file?  Or is that the preferred method?

Thanks,

SS