----- Original Message -----
From: "Oleg Kobyakovskiy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Juri Haberland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: [courier-users] Empty Sender <>

> That's sad. :(
> A lot of mailboxes on my server receive 20 - 50 may be more emails from
> empty sender per day. 99% of that emails are spam. So people have more
> then 50% of spam emails on their mailboxes. I know that  XMail, EXIM,
> Postfix, Sendmail, ZMailer can stop that emails (from empty sender). And
> I think this is good idea. I used this feature all the time. But now I
> have a lot of spam. I think it's possible to stop emails from empty
> senders in courier also, but I just didn't found how to do it. Am I wrong?
>
> Juri Haberland wrote:

bad problem (spam), with all due respect, "wrong solution" trying to deny
emtpy emails (an empty sender is usually 1 small defect of many that are
easily detectable).

takes about 30 minutes (mainly reading the INSTALL file) to install
spamassassin.  can be installed via CPAN in perl if you prefer.

http://www.spamassassin.org

Cheers,
andy