It does. It reads maildirs and caches the metadata for efficiency of
display.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Chris
Berry
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 11:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [courier-users] Re: (sqwebmail vs. squirrelmail) on top of
qmail

>From: Matthias Andree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Squirrelmail requires an IMAP server up and running (or it did last time
>I looked), and I'd like to recommend Courier-IMAP for that. (BincIMAP
>looks promising, but I don't have experience from productive
>environments with that yet.) But if you go for Courier-IMAP, you've come
>to know how to install Courier components, and Sqwebmail would likely be
>easier to install after you've installed Courier-IMAP ,-)

Does sqwebmail even use Courier-IMAP, I thought it read the maildirs
directly?

Chris Berry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"The packets involved in the transmission of this email were manually
inspected by: Bob Smith, stateful packet inspector #23."