Lars Holmström writes:

« HTML content follows »

Hi,

Starting from the 12th this month all mails from Mr Sam appears as
attachments. It only from Mr Sam, no other senders.
Is this only for me, or is this a common feature/problem ?

I am now automatically signing my messages (this message is a one-time exception) using GnuPG, in a format defined by RFC 2015, which has been a standards-track RFC since 1996. The messages are signed by the same key which is used for signing released tarballs.

You are using one of Microsoft's mail clients.  It should not be surprising
that Microsoft would go intentionally out of their way to refuse to support
am Internet standard that has existed for a lifetime, in Internet time. I'm
sure your mail client would have no problems displaying messages that use a
proprietary Microsoft mail encryption/digital signature protocol.

I should point out that Mozilla, for example, displays PGP-signed messages
no differently than non-signed messages, even though Mozilla does not
implement, AFAIK, PGP signature.  I'd be very surprised if any mail client,
other than ones written by Microsoft, would have any difficulties displaying
PGP-signed messages, since the format is specifically set up so that clients
that do not support PGP-signed mail will simply display the message's
contents normally, and show an additional attachment with an
"application/pgp-signature" MIME content type.

In fact, Mozilla even hides the attachment that carries the digital
signature, so one doesn't even know it's there.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.NET email is sponsored by: eBay Great deals on office technology -- on eBay now! Click here: http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/711-11697-6916-5 _______________________________________________ courier-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users