Hi everyone!
Either i suck at searching for information on the net and this list or I can't find anything to help me with this setup. I Have only been using Linux for about 6 months, and consider myself a newbie :) I attribute this as the reason why i can't get courier working how i want it :)
Like the subject suggests, I would like to get Courier to use PostgreSQL as my Authentication method and be able to host virtual domains.
Here is what i have done so far...
1. I actually got it installed and started without any errors (i read the install file all the way though, whew!)
2. Webadmin is up and running.
3. I have set my Local Domain and Locally-hosted domains up properly.
4. I've set up my PgSQL information with WebAdmin and made the database in PostgreSQL.
5. I have set the authentication module in Web admin to authpgsql and deleted all the rest.
6. I've searched just about every forum and email list archive possible for the answer :)
Any help with what i need to do to get courier working with postgreSQL and Virtual domains including how and where to set up the home directories and anything else that you can think of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
This is nearly exactly what I do on my OS X machine, with the change of inserting Postfix as the MTA (don't ask why), and it's fairly straight forward... or at least, I think so.
I have slightly different SQL field names than the defaults, but you could use the default ones just as well, of course. Here's a few sample pieces of data that might help.
authpgsqlrc: ----- PGSQL_HOST localhost PGSQL_PORT 5432 PGSQL_USERNAME mailonly PGSQL_PASSWORD XXDBPASSXX PGSQL_DATABASE mailonly PGSQL_USER_TABLE vhostaddresses PGSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD cryptpw PGSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD clearpw PGSQL_UID_FIELD uid PGSQL_GID_FIELD gid PGSQL_LOGIN_FIELD addr PGSQL_HOME_FIELD home PGSQL_NAME_FIELD name PGSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD maildir PGSQL_QUOTA_FIELD quota -----
sample user data, consisting of... 7: real user, info pulled as virtual user from database 8: virtual user ----- -[ RECORD 7 ]----------------------------------------- addr | james cryptpw | $1$MD5gobbletygook uid | 501 gid | 20 clearpw | home | /Users/james maildir | Library/Maildir/ quota | name | James A Baker -[ RECORD 8 ]----------------------------------------- addr | [EMAIL PROTECTED] cryptpw | $1$MD5gobbletygook uid | 250 gid | 6 clearpw | home | /var/mail/vhosts/mboro.org/test maildir | Maildir/ quota | name | Test MBoro.org User -----
I've also got a user named 'mailonly' setup with the uid/gid of 250/6 to match the entries for virtual users in the DB, as well as adding these lines to pg_hba.conf to allow it access (which I assume you have got working already, but...)
local sameuser all password
host sameuser all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 password
That way, 'mailonly' the user can connect to "mailonly" the database. But you probably knew that much, I'm guessing.
Remember of course, to use maildirmake to create the maildirs. (And setup the home dirs with the user/perms you want too.) Either run it as the user you want to own each maildir, or chown -R them appropriately after making them.
Anything else you're missing? I can't think of it right now. You seem to actually (from your description anyway) be most of the way through all that... so I'm not really sure where your problem lies.
What *isn't* working like you expect/want it to work? That would help. =)
-jab
------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: INetU Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting Partner. Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly Commission! INetU Dedicated Managed Hosting http://www.inetu.net/partner/index.php _______________________________________________ courier-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users
