Christian Poecher wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I still cannot run configure of courier-imap. It terminates like
> before at the configure file for authlib.
>
> To get it working I searched the web and saw other people had this
> error, too. They suggested to change the configure file of authlib,
> but that entry does not exist in my version of courier-imap.
>
> Then I  deleted /var/temp/vpopmail-toaster-5.3.8-buildroot/, which
> only contained empty directories anyway. I did this because I thought
> configure might have set $vpophome to this dir by error. It didn't
> help either. Later I discoverd configure does not create the dir I
> deleted.
>
> I noticed there is a vpopmail user and a vchkpw group on my sytem. I
> cannot say wether they are made my SuSe or by the configure file.
>
> I saw a comment in the configure file, that questions regarding
> vpopmail are ignored on this list, but this seems to be a problem in
> the courier-imap configure rather than vpopmail.

having the vpopmail user and group makes the courier configure detect you
want vpopmail support, if you are not using the user/group delete them, I
believe this can also be skipped as a configure option, its all in the docs.

> My system is SuSe 8.1. I want to set up Postfix, with MySQL and
> Courier-IMAP for virtual users.
>
> Can anyone help me to get the configure running? Does anybody know
> what vpopmail-toaster is compared to the normal vpopmail? Do I have to
> install vpopmail before I build courier? What is the authlib stuff
> for? Can I exclude it from building (and configuring)?

vpopmail is not required by courier, if you dont need it compile without it.