Richard Houston wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking at putting a courier imap server in to production with a
large amount of users, over 1000, in the near future. I have be asked a
fer time as to how many users can the courier system handle. I will be
using postfix and courier-imap. Could I ask a few of you let me know how
big you installs are and how well they perform so I can give the
management some examples.

we have some 50k mailboxes here, using a LDAP based exim4/courier-imap/horde-webmail system on some Intel based IBM Xseries maschines behind a LinuxVirtualServer (LVS) Loadbalancing setup.
Works very well for us :-)

The NFS backend consists of two x345 IBM Servers running a stock Debian Woody and an inhouse backport of the Redhat Clustermanager hooked up to a Fiberchannel SAN (IBM Fastt600).
The NFS maschines are that much bored (loadaverage 0.05 or less) that we will soon shift much more services onto them just to see loadaverages with non-zero values in front of the dot :-)

Stefan