Jason Dixon writes:

On Mar 10, 2004, at 6:51 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Jason Dixon writes:

I'm having problems getting a new server running Courier imapd (1.7.2) on OpenBSD 3.4 with authmysqlrc and authpwd. Authpwd works great for local "real" accounts, but I keep running into authentication problems with the virtual accounts. I've turned on debugging, but all I'm seeing in the log is LOGIN FAILED.
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction. Here are my config files:

You have post a lot of information.

Except for the actual database record for the account in question.

Because it affects _all_ virtual users. Nevertheless, here's an example:

mysql> select * from mailbox where username like '%testy%'\G;
username: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This means that you must log in with the userid set to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]', not 'testy'.

Additionally, check for spurious whitespace in the configuration file.