Using the above example, I have above two lines in hosteddomains, I know
the difference between spaces and tabs, I run makehosteddomains, and I
have aliases [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] But when I try to
send mail to addresses [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED], courier says "User uknkown" (address
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is valid and receive any mail).

You need to also define address [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- note the dot after the '@'. This is so that you can set up different delivery instructions for an address under a domain, but not at the domain-level itself.

best,
Jeff