On Jun 5, 2004, at 1:49 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Joseph C. Lininger writes:

Hi all,
I have some questions about the mail queue.
1. Is the document on the courier-mta.org web site discussing the mail queue up to date? In theory, could I write scripts to manipulate the queue?

The documentation is up to date, but you cannot touch the queue. Why? See the documentation.

2. Does courier come with tools to interact with the mail queue? Can I do anything other than canceling a message using cancelmsg or viewing the mail queue using mailq?
3. In particular, how do I rejuvanate a message? For example, let's say I see a message in the queue that will bounce tomorrow. I know that the server it is going to will be back up eventually, so I don't want the message to bounce. Can I reset the counter so it doesn't?

Nope on both counts.

on no. 3 ... is there a specific reason for this, or is it just that not enough people have requested this feature ? ... i would like to have a functionality like in postfix where you can "hold" a msg in the hold queue indefinitely until you are ready to re-inject it into the delivery queue.

any chance this could come to courier ?

/thomas