When moving messages around using IMAP, does IMAP only consult the
maildirsize file or does it also SELECT from the quota row of the
courier.passwd table?

I ask because I am concerned with what format to use for the quota column.
If only the MDA uses this column, then I need to make sure that this
column is in a format that my particular MDA is expecting.  If both
MDA and IMAP use this column, well, then I am stuck using programs that
understand the Courier format.

I am using Exim (4.33) with native maildir++ support, along with
Courier-imap (3.0.2), and courier-authmysql (0.45.2)

Thank you for any comments,
hank