Mark Bucciarelli [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Woody is ships with Perl 5.6.  Courier::Filter requires 5.8.
>
> If I build and put perl 5.8 in /usr/local/bin and 5.6 in /usr/bin
> (ewwww ...), will pureperlfilter and Courier::Filter then work?

You'd then have to change the `perl` path in `pureperlfilter` (any other
Perl-based executables in Courier::Filter).

I know it can be a pain in the ass that there is no Perl 5.8 backport for
Woody.  (Maybe you would like to consider upgrading to Debian/testing.
I'm running testing on all my machines, including servers.)

> I think it will because as far as I can tell, /usr/sbin/courierfilter
> is run by the courier user not root.

What difference would _that_ make?