[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>       Hi,
>
>       On my new system, I decided to use all-Courier software to
>       support virtual domains. On previous system, the MTA was Exim.
>       There I used SpamAssassin via sa-exim. On both systems, I use
>       Mutt as MUA. I installed SpamAssassin filtering into Courier
>       SMTP phase thanking to Julian Mehnle's software
>       (Perl Courier Filter). That had given me a setup more similar to
>       Exim+sa-exim, as opposed to inserting spamc as xfilter to
maildrop.

>       However now I notice that mutt's sending outgoing messages takes
>       more time than was with Exim+sa-exim. As I noticed, each
>       locally-originated outgoing message involves SpamAssassin
>       scanning anyway. By default, mutt uses "sendmail -oem -oi"
>       command line to send outgoing message. I.e. plain "sendmail" in
>       Courier case, as these options are ignored. With Exim+sa-exim,
>       SA scan was not run on local outgoing mail. So I would like to
>       know what MDA/MTA should I configure for Mutt to achieve the
>       same effect and to return the speed in sending the
> outgoing mail ?
>
>       Thank you in advance for your replies.

This is probably not linked to SA, at least in my experience.  See
http://www.courier-mta.org/FAQ.html#esmtptimeout for more information on
this.

I resolved the issue by setting the -noidentlookup as part of the
TCPDOPTS string in /etc/courier/esmtpd at around line 267.

I hope this helps,
David Gomillion