Jay Lee wrote:
> Julian Mehnle said:
> > Jay Lee wrote:
> > > I created the link in /usr/lib/courier/libexec/filters myself so
> > > that I could use filterctl.  I'd also tried creating the
> > > /etc/courier/filters/active/pureperlfilter link manually myself.
> > > courierfilter starts pureperlfilter but it doesn't seem to have any
> > > affect on incoming mail.
> >
> > What version of Courier are you running, and what are the contents of
> > your /etc/courier/enablefiltering file?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# rpm -qa | grep courier
> courier-0.49.0-1.4AS
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# cat /etc/courier/enablefiltering
> esmtp

Please excuse my late response.

Courier had a bug in relation to the "enablefiltering" file, which was
fixed in 0.49 AFAIK, so your installation shouldn't be affected.  Also,
the contents of your "enablefiltering" file appear to be correct.

I'm at a loss what could cause your system to start pureperlfilter, but
not pass any messages to it for filtering.  For further debugging, could
you please restart Courier, send a message via SMTP, and post the syslog
entries for all of that (restart + message sending)?