Quoting Sam Varshavchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Georg Lutz writes:

On 2006-01-26, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

Bottom line: gmx.de expressly prohibits -- via their SPF record -- from sending mail with a @gmx.de return address from anywhere except their own mail servers.

Wow - thats impressive. There are only few domains which enforce their
spf policy with "-all". Even use-Sender-ID/SPF-or-die - M$ has not
switched his records to "hot".

I also do that. Furthermore, on incoming mail, I also reject SPF statuses of "neutral" as well.

Sorry to revive an older thread but I am trying to come up with a basic SPF policy. I have added TXT "v=spf1 a -all" to my dns. Since we use webmail, it seems fairly safe and hopefully effective to keep folks from spamming with our domain names. Does this make sense or does anyone have suggestions for improvement or keeping us from shooting ourselves in the foot?

Now, i want to set keywords in bofh and the option in courierd am confusing myself completely. Could someone with more experience suggest an initial setting to reduce spam but hopefully little valid mail?

Thanks for any suggestions,

ed