[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I'm running solaris 10 for intel and get this error when running
./configure --prefix=/tmp

configure: error: Cannot find either the gdbm or the db library.

when trying to configure courier-authlib.

I've installed the solaris package for gdbm which has installed some files
in /ust/local/lib and /usr/local/include. I've added these to my path but
the configure script still fails.

Neither /usr/local/lib, nor /usr/local/include, should be in anyone's path.

The package that you loaded should install the header files and the libraries into whatever location your compiler and linker searches by default. If /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib are not searched by your compiler and linker, by default, then aside from the fact that the Solaris package is broken (at least until someone gives a logical reason why it installs its where the compiler won't look for them), you should set the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables accordingly:

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
export CPPFLAGS
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/include"
export LDFLAGS

Then run configure.

Solaris will probably also need -R/usr/local/include added to LDFLAGS.


Attachment: pgphlyf6BBtQ6.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to