Manuel Schneider [Everything Open] wrote:
>>> Any ideas?
>> Yes.  Get rid of your backup MX.  A backup MX is no longer needed on the
>> modern Internet.
> Very funny.

What makes you think it's a joke?  I'll admit, I have a backup MX at the
site where I work, but that's only for political reasons.

A backup MX's job is to accept mail when your primary system can't, but
remote sites are going to queue mail and retry delivery anyway.  You're
not going to hurt site reliability by taking down you backup MX.

In practice, backup MXs are just spam targets these days.  Most sites
that still have them don't protect them as well as their primary
systems, so that's where many spammers deliver their mail.  Drop it and
concentrate your efforts on one system.  You'll be happier with the results.