Hello,

no offense intended but this approach will make you reject valid mails.
For one, your basic assumption is that any mail originating from a hostname
including dial/adsl/dsl is just spam. This doesn't hold true in times where
lines are becoming faster and companies are running their own mail server from
a DSL connection.
Just to give you an idea. Here in Japan fibre optics 100 Mbit lines are very
common and one provider started to offer a 1 Gigbit line for a very affordable
monthly flat rate.

Regards,
Bernd

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 01:47:33 +0000
courier-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> From: "Marcus Pereira" <mar...@task.net.br>
> To: courier-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [courier-users] badhost patch
> Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:44:56 -0300
>
> Hello.
>
> Some years ago I missed a function on Courier bofh file. It was to reject
> connections based on the reverse dns host name.
> I made a patch and I use it for arround 4 years with no problems.
> I use mostly to block direct delivery from adsl/dial-up connections.
>
> The bofh lines look like this:
>
> badhost adsl.giga.net.tw
> badhost broadband.ntl.com
> badhost cable.primacom.net
> badhost dial-in.ttnet.net.tr
> badhost dial-up.arnes.si
> badhost dyn.user.ono.com
> badhost dsl.amrltx.swbell.net
>
> And courier will block with messages like this:
>
> 517 Host rejected: 217.217.64.81.dyn.user.ono.com
>
> Blocking hostnames and not IP networks is much more easy to mantain. I hope
> this helps anyone who missed that feature too.
>
> Marcus Pereira

- --
Bernd Plagge - プラゲ ベェアント
First Choice Internet Ltd., Tokyo - ファースト・チョイス・インターネット(有)