Bowie Bailey writes:
I have used mailbot in the past to generate autoreplies, but now I have a case where I want to do an autoreply, but I want the reply to quote the original message. Is there a way to do this?
It's not that easy morning, in this modern world of MIME attachments. There is a pair mailbot options, -t and -m, that reads the text of the autoreply from a file, however figuring out how to quote the original message is not that easy.
The way I'd do it is to replace mailbot with a shell script that saves its standard input to a temporary file, first. Then, the shell script creates a new MIME multipart/mixed entity, in another temporary file, whose first part is the text of your autoreply, and whose second part is a message/rfc822 entity containing the original message. Then, use mailbot to read the original message to send the autoreply, giving it the original message's temporary file on standard input, and the -m option pointing to the second temporary file with the autoreply text.
The safest way to quote the original message, in this limited context, is to pass it along, verbatim, as a message/rfc822 MIME entity.
pgprIEcmaKkjd.pgp
Description: PGP signature
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________ courier-users mailing list [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users
