Hi.

Am Dienstag 25 Januar 2011, 12:57:37 schrieb Sam Varshavchik:
> > So it seems like Courier prefers IPv4 over IPv6 only ONE TIME and then,
> > on retries, only uses IPv6 without fallback to IPv4.
> > On manual queue flushes, only IPv4 is used, no IPv6.
> No. Courier carries over no preference on delivery attempts.
>
> What is, probably, happening is that Courier keeps the connection open
> after a delivery attempt, for two minutes by default. If a message to the
> same domain gets sent, it gets sent using the existing, open connection.

Which "existing, open connection"?
First attempt (IPv4 and then IPv6) and second attempt differ by 5 minutes,
connection should be closed (no other message was delivered to the dame
destination).
First attempt does IPv4 (gets a 451 error code) and second attempt only does
IPv6 (errors out because of unavailable address). So the potentially open
connection from the first IPv4 attempt is never used again (if it has been
kept open).

There has never ever been made a second attempt to deliver the message by IPv4
(no further log entry about greylisting and message is still in queue) until I
did "courier flush", which in turn did not do a connection via IPv6 after the
451 error.

> Changing SOURCE_ADDRESS_IPV6 requires a restart, which will kill all active
> connection.

I did not change and restart but set the specified address on the interface.

Gruß, Bernd

--
Columbus hatte in Wirklichkeit vier Schiffe -
das vierte segelte über die Kante