Hello.

Am 15.02.2012 12:42, schrieb Lucio Crusca:
> is it possible to have messages subject logged in /var/log/mail.log?

I suppose no.

> The problem is I need to distinguish, in the logs, between messages sent by a
> web-app from other messages, but the same sender address must be set both in
> the web-app and in the the web-app owner's email client, so I can't use that
> to discriminate.

You have to distinguish between envelope address and from header
address. I suppose what you want to be the same is the from header
address, this is the one that the recipient sees in his mail client.

What gets logged is the envelope sender address. This may be the same
but does not have to be the same. Envelope addresses usually gets
recorded in the mail header as Return-Path.

I recommend to use different envelope sender address to distinguish the
messages.

- Bernd