Papo Napolitano writes:

Hi list.

I'm using freemail to prevent spammers send me mail from my own domain.
As I have no control over the reverse address of the cable connection in
my office, I added this line to my bofh file :

   freemail dosalcubo.com 45-141-137-186.fibertel.com.ar

The problem is the morons at my ISP didn't configure the A record for
such reverse address :

   $ dig 45-141-137-186.fibertel.com.ar | grep status

So I tried adding this to esmtproutes :

   186.137.141.45/32       allow,RELAYCLIENT,BOFHCHECKDNS=0

This looks like something to go into smtpaccess, and not esmtproutes

But it's not working.

Define "not working". If RELAYCLIENT is set, the IP address is exempt from the freemail check.

Now, if you're sending mail, and you're connecting from some other IP address to this server, and you're using this domain, then since you're connecting from some other IP address you're not going to pass this check.

If you have full control over DNS, you can achieve the same results by using SPF.