David Pearce writes:

Can someone point me to a description of what it takes to move a Coutier install from one server to another server? I know about the IP/DNS side of things, but how do I move everything else.

Well, what's everything else would be, in your case? As far as the server's configuration, if both servers used the same exact configuration for the Courier installation, and by that I mean both the installation directories or package, and the user and group ID for Courier, then moving ${sysconfdir}, which would be /etc/courier or /usr/lib/courier/etc, verbatim, will be sufficient. Care must be used to preserve the ownership and permissions of each file and subdirectory in there.

This will result in both servers, in most configurations, using the same hostname/servername as their own name, which is probably ok. In other situations where the server configuration defaults to the system hostname, this won't be the case, but since the aliases file depends on the system hostname, it will be necessary to rerun makealiases, and that's about it.

As far as moving maildirs, rsyncing will be sufficient for them, again, taking care to preserve file permissions.

This won't move mail that's in the server's queue and hasn't been delivered, so your migration plan would involve keeping the old server running for a while, to flush out its outgoing mail.