On 3/21/2013 8:10 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Bypassing a distribution's package management system always seems to
> introduce "issues".

Why not just use the OS packaging system for your new version?  I don't
know much about building for apt, but it seems you should be able to
build and package software from source that keeps all the package
dependencies, unless the newer Courier version requires a newer library
version or something.

I'm guessing it's the sort of thing that's a hassle to do once, but not
too bad once you get it documented.