On 04/03/13 17:43, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> Sorry, I'm still having the feeling that you can do this on your
> main server and simply switch outgoing IP, instead of requiring
> your users to change their SMTP/submission server

I my case, now that I am aware of SOURCE_ADDRESS, that is exactly
what I will do in the future and when Debian updates to wheezy and
I can use less than ancient packages I'll re-investigate setting up
courier vhosts.

For the purpose of this small/cheap VPS based alternate mail server,
I still want to keep it around in case... whatever, it may be handy
to have another outgoing mailserver (for $20/yr!) and I am happy that
with reduced ports and services that it won't be a maintenance burden
and hopefully "just work" when it's actually needed.

I'm glad I didn't have to deal with firewall rules or MySQL replication
and only needed to twiddle one config file and install autossh as an
additional package.