On Tue 25/Feb/2014 02:54:15 +0100 Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Mark Constable writes:
>
>> The issue of how to rate limit outgoing mail is still bugging
>> us here and it looks like I have no choice (short of using
>> postfix) but to dig in to the courier filter system and come up
>> with some kind of solution.
>
> A basic rate-limiting filter should not have been such a big deal
> to write, by someone who needed one. It's somewhat disappointing
> that there hasn't been anyone to date who bothered to hack one
> up, leaving it up to me to pick up the ball here.

Let me recall that there is another rate-limiting trigger, which is
part of zdkimfilter's logging stuff.  Albeit they're different, they
both look like some sort of emergency shunt, as they abruptly stop
relaying for a given user.

A different approach could provide for tc traffic-shaping of
outbound mail.  In that case scripting would presumably be needed to
devise which queuing discipline each relay connection deserves?

Ale