Hi Sam,

When running courier compiled with “--without-ipv6”, submit.C still formats the
Received headers with brackets around the IP address, like so:

Most mail systems format would format it without the brackets in IPv4 cases:

Our spam filtering software is chocking on the brackets (SpamAssassin’s
RDNS_NONE gets triggered).

Admittedly, the true fix is getting SpamAssassin to be more tolerant in its
parsing.

Is dropping the brackets something you’d see as okay? (line 1715 of submit.C)
I’m not sure of the impact of this in IPv6 cases?

-Jeff