Actually I had same issue, where with my cert I was getting:
"error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line"

When I tried to run it with cert that was created by mkpop3dcert I found out
it's working fine. I compared both .pem files(mine one and one created by
mkpop3dcert) and found out that 2nd file is having in additional at the end:

-----BEGIN DH PARAMETERS-----
-----END DH PARAMETERS-----

This can be generated by running:
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/tmp/tmp.rand count=1 2>/dev/null
/usr/bin/openssl gendh -rand /tmp/tmp.rand 512 >> /YOUR/CERT.PEM
rm /tmp/tmp.rand

I hope it will help you as well.