Hi guys,

I'm want to set up courier-imap with STARTTLS running side-by-side with courier-imapd-ssl. So that users are able to connect to 143 with STARTTLS, but also to 993 with TLS.

Both are doing fine on their own, but it seems that when I start courier-imap-ssl, support for STARTTLS drops automatically from courier-imap. Is that something specific to how debian is set up or is it courier? Because I can't really find out from the init scripts (included below).

Here's what happens:

$telnet testbox 143
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION *STARTTLS*] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for

$service courier-imap-ssl start

$telnet testbox 143
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE AUTH=PLAIN ACL ACL2=UNION] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.

Also weird is that when I connect from localhost, I still get the STARTTLS option. Only outside connections don't get that option anymore.
telnet 127.0.0.1 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2011 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.

init script courier-imap-ssl:
/usr/bin/env - /bin/sh -c " . ${sysconfdir}/imapd ; \
                . ${sysconfdir}/imapd-ssl ; \
                IMAP_TLS=1 ; export IMAP_TLS ; \
                `sed -n '/^#/d;/=/p' <${sysconfdir}/imapd | \
                        sed 's/=.*//;s/^/export /;s/$/;/'`
                `sed -n '/^#/d;/=/p' <${sysconfdir}/imapd-ssl | \
                        sed 's/=.*//;s/^/export /;s/$/;/'`
                PROXY_HOSTNAME=$PROXY_HOSTNAME ; \
/usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=$SSLPIDFILE -start $SSLLOGGEROPTS \
                $TCPD -address=$SSLADDRESS \
                        -maxprocs=$MAXDAEMONS -maxperip=$MAXPERIP \
                        $TCPDOPTS \
                        $SSLPORT $COURIERTLS -server -tcpd \
                        ${libexecdir}/courier/imaplogin \
                                ${bindir}/imapd $MAILDIRPATH"

init script courier-imap:
                /usr/bin/env - /bin/sh -c " set -a; \
                bindir=${bindir}; \
                . ${sysconfdir}/imapd; \
                if [ "$SSLCONFIG" ]; then . ${sysconfdir}/imapd-ssl; fi; \
                IMAP_STARTTLS=$IMAPDSTARTTLS ; export IMAP_STARTTLS ; \
                PROXY_HOSTNAME=$PROXY_HOSTNAME;
                TLS_PROTOCOL=$TLS_STARTTLS_PROTOCOL ; \
                /usr/sbin/courierlogger -pid=$PIDFILE -start $LOGGEROPTS \
                $TCPD -address=$ADDRESS \
                        -maxprocs=$MAXDAEMONS -maxperip=$MAXPERIP \
                        $TCPDOPTS \
                        $PORT ${libexecdir}/courier/imaplogin \
                                ${bindir}/imapd $MAILDIRPATH"

-robert