John Covici writes:

Hi.  I have been using your imap daemon for some time and it seems to
be working, but recently I changed the port to 993 and am using an
encrypted connections.  I am getting some unusual messages however
from my logs -- here is what I am getting:
couriertls: /usr/share/dhparams.pem: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory - 13 Times

Is there supposed to be such a file and if so, what are its contents?

The "Initial parameters, and a monthly cron job to generate DH parameters" section of INSTALL instructions (http://www.courier- mta.org/imap/INSTALL.html) explain that the mkdhparams script needs to be run after installing Courier, which creates this file.

If you're using your Linux distribution's package, there must be a problem with that package, as it should be taking care of that automatically for you.

Also, I am getting the following
couriertls: /etc/courier-imap/imapd.pem: error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line - 13 Times

The start line looks fine to me and is:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

That file should contain your private key, and then your certificate, concatenated together:

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----

..

-----END PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----