Michelle Konzack writes:

Hello Bernd,

On 2017-01-23 07:38:30 Bernd Wurst hacked into the keyboard:
> What I want:
> Sent mail from local users (via sendmail CLI) should have the hostname
> appended. But mail from remote (spam) should not.

I have the same problem here since some years and could not figure  out,
how to avoid it.  Rejecting mails with "forgotten"  domain  name  whould
reject arround 20-40.000 spams per day on my mailserver.

Adding

NOADDRREWRITE=2

to the courieresmtpd configuration file should do the trick.

The documentation for this is buried in the submit(8) man page.