Thank you Szépe, I tried that last week and it was bad enough to convince me to
recompile the whole lot --something I had been procrastinating for a while.  It
is a Debian with OpenSSL 1.0.1t.

Testing the new code, without TLS-specific settings, I got again logged on the
/recent worst/ table as up2.tana.it (of course my certificate doesn't seem to
be valid...), but the only serious error I saw is:

SSL/TLS compression     Yes   INSECURE (more info)
[(more
info)->https://community.qualys.com/blogs/securitylabs/2012/09/14/crime-information-leakage-attack-against-ssltls]

I note the TLS_COMPRESSION option has gone away.  Are there other TLS options
worth trying to remove compression?

The other errors (red) and warnings (yellow), which I think I can safely
ignore, are:
E:IE 6 / XP   No FS 1     No SNI 2              Server closed connection
E:IE 8 / XP   No FS 1     No SNI 2              Server sent fatal alert:
handshake_failure
W:Forward Secrecy       With some browsers (more info)
W:Session resumption (caching)  No (IDs empty)
W:HTTP status code      Request failed

Did you get better results?

Ciao
Ale