On Wed 07/Jun/2017 21:39:34 +0200 Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 06/07/2017 04:32 AM, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
>> Last time I issued courierfilter stop, and then start.
>> However, that way I have to reload also clamav databases, which takes a long
>> time.  Is there any better way to upgrade the running Python process?
>
> That should only be the case if you were running pyclamav, which is no longer
> available or supported.  The supported means of using clamav is to run an
> instance of clamd as the courier user, and use pyclamd to scan messages.  In
> that configuration, you should be able to "filterctl stop pythonfilter/start
> pythonfilter" without significant delays.

Hm... I wouldn't recommend that.  During the 17 seconds it took to reload "C"
filter databases, I only had one "432 Mail filters temporarily unavailable".
Of course, stopping and restarting pythonfilter alone would have taken much
less.  Short as that time might have been, messages with bad attachments would
have slipped through unfiltered in the meanwhile.

Ale