Hey Joe,

Looks like the closest coworking space to you is Group88 (http://
coworking.pbwiki.com/CoworkingConnecticut)

Personally, I think that the best way to find people that would be
interested would be to talk to your local community members and listen
to what their wants and needs are.
I see that you have a Linux meetup group that might be a good place to
start (http://linux.meetup.com/395/calendar/8080765/) and also a local
business/investor's group (http://ibd.meetup.com/739/).
Another good way to find people who share your interest for coworking
would be to start a Jelly group in your area (http://workatjelly.com/)
and here to start one of your own (http://wiki.workatjelly.com/).

Hope this helps,
Matthew

On Jun 23, 11:58 am, JoeC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I'm Joe Cascio. I signed up for the group a while back, but have
> been involved in other projects for the last couple of months. Lately,
> though, my interest in co-working has been rekindled due to a
> discussion I had with a friend from my golf club, who is the general
> manager of a popular seafood restaurant here in Mystic, CT. Her
> intuition about the right ambiance and furnishings for a co-working
> space were spot-on with mine. I take that sense very seriously from a
> person who is in the public food-service business.
>
> There is nothing for coworking anywhere nearby that I know of. My
> friend also said there is a surplus of commercial rental space in the
> area. To start out, I'm thinking of simply contacting some friends in
> the realty business and surveying the properties in the area to get
> some idea.
>
> Previous good advice from this google group (thank you!) included
> doing some market research to find out who might be interested and
> what they'd be looking for. I'm just wondering how I can find people
> who might be interested in using a co-working space. Flyers in local
> coffee shops and libraries? Newspaper ads. I'd like to try to get
> together a little interest group on this. Any advice or suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> JoeC
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to