I expect that for the next several months or so, little personal work
will get done by me at Caroline during normal working hours. I've had
to make time for myself to accomplish these things in off time or by
ducking into my apartment for a short amount of time to remove
interruption. It is what it is. People should know that following a
successful opening there are multiple daily and regularly scheduled
tasks that will take time away from your own work. Caroline is taking
a cue from Indy Hall and exploring a full-time intern to alleviate
some the maintenance, workload and daily tasks.

Matthew


On Jun 27, 12:57 pm, "Tara Hunt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hilarious about working from home to get things done. I find the same thing.
> As soon as I go into Citizen Space, it's all about running Citizen Space, so
> if I have to get book writing/editing done or some other task I need to
> concentrate on, I have to stay away! But I think that is really only an
> 'owner' problem. :)
>
> I believe Alex Hillman has hired someone to take that stuff on for him so he
> can get more work done and it's working like a charm. Someday...
>
> T
>
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 6:45 AM, felicity at cubes <
>
>
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I work from home because our members and my staff always want
> > to talk to me, so I just can't get anything done.  But you know
> > reporter's write it they want.  Still more coworking press is always
> > a good thing.
>
> > I think I will just go up to Sandbox Suites or Citizen Space the next
> > time I want to get work done, of course I will have to leave
> > my kids at Cubes&Crayons :)
>
> > -Felicity
>
> >www.cubesandcrayons.com
> >http://cube.typepad.com/blog
> >http://cube.typepad.com/cake
>
> > On Jun 26, 6:47 am, "Raines Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Tony Bacigalupo
>
> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > > It mentions Soundview Coworking in Stamford, Connecticut, as well as
> > the Hat
> > > > Factory, Berkeley Coworking, and Cubes and Crayons.
>
> > > I can think of many adjectives to describe Berkeley Coworking, but
> > > "sprawling" is not one of them. Except perhaps to a New Yorker. What
> > > is it, 400 square feet upstairs, a little more downstairs? In the
> > > context of a one-man shop, maybe.
>
> > > > Perhaps some day soon they'll focus on coworking activity in... you
> > know...
> > > > New York :-)
>
> > > Naah. I figure the SF Chronicle will send somone out to cover that first.
> > ;-)
>
> > > I'm surprised that Group88 didn't merit a mention, given the proximity in
> > CT.
>
> > > Also, the section on Cubes&Crayons (and Felicity staying at home in
> > > order to get work done and avoid distractions) loops back to previous
> > > threads here about how folks can use headphones or other ways of
> > > keeping their attention focussed. Any new thoughts/learnings in that
> > > regard?
>
> > > Notable that this is in the Fashion section. Any bets on when we make
> > > Food, Sports, or Science&Technology?
>
> > > Raines, Coworking Coach
>
> --
> tara 'miss rogue' hunt
> coFounder
> Citizen Agency (www.citizenagency.com)
> blog:www.horsepigcow.com
> phone: 415-694-1951
> fax: 415-727-5335
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to